Army Watercraft Onsite Representative
McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
Provide technical and production support to the Army Watercraft Program during the production of the Maneuver Support Vessel (Light) (MSV(L)) in the form of an On-site Representative (OSR). The OSR shall be stationed at Vigor Shipyard, Vancouver, WA,
- Technical proficiency to read and interpret Army drawing packages.
- Requisite knowledge of the industrial ship building and repair field.
- Experience with aluminum welding processes and welding inspection techniques, including American Welding Society (AWS) D1.2 and American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) Rules for Materials and Welding.
- Ability to perform the tasks independent of direct oversight.
- 25% travel
- Secret clearance or ability to obtain secret clearance required.
Minimum of five years’ experience working in a technical or quality assurance capacity with shipyards in repairs and installation on Army Watercraft vessels or systems.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time