Calibration Program Analyst (Portables)
McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
McKean has a part-time opening in the Norfolk area for a non-nuclear surface ship subject matter expert. The expert will provide analysis and recommendations to support the COMNAVSURFLANT Consolidated TMDE Readiness Assessment (CTRA) program by performing the following tasks:
- Conduct shipboard inventories and assessment of calibrated portable testing and measuring equipment
- Update inventory and calibration data bases
- Apply bar code/IUID labels to equipment
- Brief U.S. Navy activities on CTRA results
An active DoD Secret clearance is required to start work.
The employee will be required to:
- Work in a shipboard/shipyard environment and inventory shipboard equipment
- Utilize appropriate written and verbal communication skills to interact with U.S. Navy personnel
- Be proficient in MS Office products including Excel and Word
- 5+ years recent experience as a U.S. Navy Test Equipment Petty Officer (TEPO), Shipboard Gage Calibration Technician, or equivalent responsibility for test equipment management
- Technical experience with U.S. Navy Metrology and Calibration (METCAL) documents and procedures
- Experience with the U.S. Navy METBENCH Calibration Management System (MCMS) or equivalent calibration recall system
- Experience conducting shipboard inventories of testing/measuring equipment and providing recommendations on test equipment improvement efforts
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Part Time