CG/LSD Temp LAN System Engineer
Cabrillo Technologies, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of McKean Defense. Cabrillo scientists, engineers, technical staff, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms and shipboard systems, and develop computing and networking strategies to support the Warfighter. Cabrillo employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations.
The candidate will be assigned as the Consolidated Afloat Network and Enterprise Services (CANES) Other Customer Funds (OCF) CG/LSD Technical Design Authority Systems Engineer in support of PEO C4I, PMW 160. The individual will be responsible for technical design support including system design oversight, engineer milestones, and deliverables in support of the CG/LSD project. This requires technical / engineering and production / installation management experience.
This position requires interfacing with other engineering teams within and outside PEO C4I / SPAWAR. The individual will represent PMW 160 interests and liaise between PEO C4I and numerous other stakeholders concerning PEO C4I policies, network design, configuration and certification, installation and integration challenges.
- 3-5 years of senior, Navy tactical network engineering, specifically hypervisor, switching, and routing (CANES/AI engineering experience is a plus)
- 3-5 years of software installation/SOVT knowledge (SW install/SOVT experience a plus)
- 6 years of engineering experience (Information System, Network Data Centers, and/or C4I Infrastructure) for Defense industry/Department of the Navy or comparable Government Agency
- Bachelor´s of Science degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Physical Science
- MCSE/CCNA Certification desired
- Advanced understanding and application of Navy tactical networks design and integration (ISNS acceptable, CANES a plus)
- Understanding of the System Engineering Technical Review (SETR) process
- Understanding of Risk Management Framework (RMF) process
- Basic understanding of PMW 160 Application Integration process
- Basic understanding of ship and shore-based Navy Communications and Network Infrastructure systems
- Secret clearance required
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Cabrillo Technologies is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time