Combat Systems Team Lead (Non-Aegis - ACDS/SSDS MK 1/2)
McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
McKean is looking to hire a Combat Systems Team Lead (Non-Aegis – ACDS/SSDS MK 1/2) who shall provide an in-depth knowledge and level of experience of tactics, techniques, and procedures regarding tactical maneuvering, expert level knowledge of major combat systems for Advanced Combat Direction Systems (ACDS)/Ship Self Defense System (SSDS) to include: weapons capabilities/employment, radars, electronic counter measures, navigation, sonar, communications, ship's sensors, weapons release authority, and rules of engagement.
- Be able to develop and provide a Government-owned, tailored curriculum for use in a ship specific classroom training setting. Course material shall be developed utilizing Navy Technical Manuals and associated Tactical Memos and instructions pertaining to associated Combat Systems suites onboard ACDS/SSDS platforms, as well as utilizing technical documentation pertaining to the duties/responsibilities for Engineman rated personnel.
- Demonstrate the ability to train ship’s force Sailors based on a tailored curriculum and supplement with up to two weeks of deck plate training, in port or at sea.
- Experience with the MS Office suite of software, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Experience with Navy ships Current Ship Maintenance Project (CSMP) database and Preventive Maintenance System (PMS).
- An active Secret clearance is required to start work
- Designated a Tactical Action Officer (TAO) on an Aegis platform and have completed the Navy's Personnel Qualification Standard (PQS) NAVEDTRA 43304-Series.
- Served at least two tours as a shipboard TAO on non-Aegis platforms.
- Be able to present evidence of experience (i.e. letters of designation and or documentation within Navy Fitness Reports) demonstrated on active duty or performing TAO type duties as a contractor within the past three years.
- Qualified Surface Warfare Officers/Line Officers or Limited Duty/Chief Warrant Officers (i.e., System Test Officers (STO), Operations Technical Officers (OPSTECH)
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time