Contract Program Manager - Navy
McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
McKean has been awarded several prime contracts in recent months supporting the US Navy for varied engineering, logistics, and technical programs. McKean is currently seeking experienced Contract Program Managers to lead these efforts and provide mentor-ship to less experienced staff. The Contract Program Manager will be responsible for:
- Contract initiation activities, including Kickoff Meetings, and coordinating with Finance and, Contracts teams to establish contract specific business processes
- Task Instruction / Task Order review, estimation, staffing, and approval
- Support the Contracts team for all Contract modifications, government communications, subcontracting actions, and contract modifications
- Coordinate successful execution of tasking IAW budget, schedule, and technical requirements
- Drive customer engagement, business development, and contract growth by providing quality results
The Contract Program Manager role requires a well rounded individual to meet the needs of various stakeholders. Some of those skills include:
- Maintain effective customer relationships, and meet the expectations of both internal and external customers
- Ability to communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders, including technical clients, government contracts personnel, and internal technical and administrative teams supporting the contract
- Risk Management skills to effectively control McKean's contractual and technical risk exposure
- Ability to lead task execution and facilitate teamwork to complete large complex tasks
- Up to 25% travel
At least 6 years (10+ preferred) professional experience in program/project management. Including experience as a Program/Project Manager supporting Navy and/or other DoD technical programs including the development, repair, installation, modification, operation, testing and maintenance of Government systems.
Experience should also include the following: scheduling (Microsoft Project or Oracle Primavera); planning; estimating; project control; Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) management; subcontract management; processes, procedures and Earned Value concepts; and project progress tracking. Knowledge of Navy and/or Army programs, organizations, functions, and responsibilities.
Candidates must have a Bachelor's Degree at minimum.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time