McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
McKean anticipates the need for a Senior Contracts Administrator with experience supporting DoD contracts; specific experience supporting NAVY, SPAWARSYSCOM, PEO C4I and SPAWAR System Centers Pacific and Atlantic is and experience supporting and mitigating risk in a fixed price environment is highly desired. Under limited direction, this position requires the ability to administer, extend, negotiate, close and terminate standard and nonstandard contracts. Areas of responsibility include RFP review, proposal preparation, proposal/pricing review, negotiation, contract review to include risk recognition and coauthoring of contracts to ensure high probability of smooth contract execution. Reviews, interprets, recommends, and negotiates contractual terms and conditions and interprets established policies, procedures, and standard practices to develop proactive plans to ensure contract activities achieve desired objectives and timetables. Additionally, the candidate shall be responsible for the administration of subcontracts and procurement activity. Candidate shall be responsible for all phases of the procurement process, including the generation of CPSR files, subcontract negotiations and management and CostPoint interface.
- Reviews bids and proposals to ensure they meet company policy and customer solicitation requirements
- Identifies contract issues and provides leadership recommendations for possible solutions
- Participates in and leads negotiating and modifying standard contracts and assists in negotiating and modifying non-standard contracts/subcontracts
- Reviews, drafts as necessary, and negotiates terms and conditions of non-disclosure, teaming, license, and memorandum of understanding agreements.
- Advises management of contractual rights and obligations and provides interpretation of terms and conditions
- Maintains an awareness of regulatory changes and their impact on contracts/subcontracts, including export considerations
- Maintains, analyzes, updates, and develops various electronic and hard copy records
- Builds and responds to FOIAs
- Makes internal presentations and acts as a contact with customers and outside organizations
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment with a minimal amount of direct supervision
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate, develop and produce a wide range of contract, subcontract and procurement documentation
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Working knowledge of word-processing, database, spreadsheet programs and integrated software application
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and support concurrent requirements for multiple internal and external customers and be able to manage time and prioritize workload, and work under firm and quick turnaround deadlines
- Ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance
- Requires a bachelor's degree in business administration, along with 5-7 years of progressive professional experience in contract administration
- Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education
- Demonstrates detailed and extensive technical expertise and application of government/commercial/international contract administration principles, concepts, and practices as well as comprehensive contract/subcontract management and leadership skills
- Must have a thorough understanding of applicable laws and regulations including Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), FAR supplements and the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC)
- Must be customer focused and possess: the ability to develop innovative solutions to a variety of complex problems; excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills to accurately document and report findings and new concepts to a variety of audiences; excellent interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and guide employees, managers, customers and other external parties; the ability to organize, schedule, and coordinate multiple work phases; the ability to lead less experienced professional employees; and, excellent computer skills. Ability to work independently and as part of a team is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required
- Must have experience working in CostPoint
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time