McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
The Data Scientist is responsible for the advancement of data utilization for the application of Condition Based Maintenance (CBM) of United States Navy Hull, Mechanical, and Electrical (HM&E) systems. The candidate will work on a cross-functional team consisting of data scientists, data utilization engineers, software engineers, and HM&E equipment experts in order to research, develop, and deploy CBM solutions.
- Familiar with U.S. Navy Hull, Mechanical, and Electrical (HM&E) systems
- Familiar with Prognostics and Health Management (PHM), Condition Monitoring (CM), or Condition-Based Maintenance (CBM+) methodologies
- Demonstrated technical knowledge in the development of data-driven or physics-based PHM/CBM algorithms
- Proficiency in database management and querying using SQL
- Experience developing data visualization tools and user interfaces
- Proficient in Python or R
- Experience with data mining and data analysis
- Experience building regression, classification, and clustering models
- Experience with machine learning or deep learning tools such as scikit-learn, Tensorflow, Keras, or PyTorch
- Familiar with software development principles such as version control, requirements management, and software definition
- Familiar with data engineering concepts such as data collection, database management, data storage, and data cleansing
- Candidate must have active Secret clearance, or be clearable
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time