McKean Defense is an employee owned Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations.
The ECDIS-N Navigation Trainer supports code 524 and is a direct representative when facilitating training evolutions both CONUS and OCONUS. The Trainer will be facilitating various training events (in a multitude of training environments), whether they be ships force personnel or those in a supervisory/certification role. There may be significant travel involved as all fleet concentration areas will be trained (i.e. Norfolk, San Diego, Mayport, Pearl Harbor, Yokosuka, Sasebo, Newport, Everett, etc.) Flexibility is a must, as the training schedule is often times unpredictable.
- Must be proficient in using MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Project, and Access. ·
- Must be willing and able to relocate to the Norfolk area or reside in the Norfolk area.
- Must be willing and able to travel (domestic and international (Passport required)
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be an independent worker - completes tasks with minimal to no supervision
- Excellent communications skills a must
- Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain a secret clearance required.
- Served in a navigation supervisory role in an in-port and underway capacity
- Experience with Voyage Management System software (preferable VMS 7.7, 8.1, 8.3, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, & 9.4 or any combination therein)
- Experience in ECDIS-N facilitation whether it be in a classroom, shipboard, or underway environment
- Experience with curriculum development (i.e., tutorials, job sheets, instructor guides, lesson plans, learning objectives, etc)
- Underway experience employing at least one of those software applications (preferably VMS 9.X)
- Preferably a Master Training Specialist (MTS) qualification
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time