Electrical Engineering Technician
McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
McKean is seeking a Electrical Engineering Technician to support the Mid-Atlantic Regional Maintenance Center (MARMC) Code 200 Engineering Branch. The Electrical Engineering Technician will provide engineering, technical, repair and logistic support to forces afloat in identification and correction of material condition discrepancies in Hull, Mechanical and Electrical (HM&E) systems to identify and correct systems material discrepancies; update and maintain configuration and availability report database systems; develop or update on board training and curriculum and conduct instruction in U.S. Naval Air Force Carriers or U.S. Naval Surface Force.
- Possesses an extensive working knowledge of Naval Shipboard acronyms, aircraft carrier and surface ship engineering electrical systems, equipment and operations
- Adept at compiling data and other information and forming them into clear, succinct products for senior leadership
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn new tasks and concepts quickly
- Self-motivated team player must be able to work independently
- Detail oriented and efficient at multitasking
- Must have an active DoD security clearance.
- Microsoft Office Suite Products (Word, Excel, Power Point, Project) Manipulating, formatting, and analyzing data. Includes creating charts, forms, and integrating with other MS Office products.
- Provide technical in-process review of progress of work identifying specific deficiencies and recommending corrective action for items identified.
- Development of Plan of Actions and Milestones (POA&M), and maintenance support.
- Provide technical guidance to Ship’s Force with testing and repair of marine electrical equipment and systems with specific emphasis on 60 hertz electrical systems and equipment
- Provide and maintain all engineering evaluations and recommend changes or improvements to HM&E systems.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- 8+ years of experience in the operation, repair, and maintenance of naval or marine electrical/electronic generating equipment and distribution systems
- Active Duty Navy experience is a plus
- Navy Electrical NECs are highly desired
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time