Electronics Technician (Navigation)
McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
McKean is seeking an Electronics Technician to support U.S. Navy navigation systems. The candidate's responsibilities may include:
- Support installation, testing, troubleshooting, maintenance, and operation of Navigation and Ship Control systems
- Support troubleshooting of systems both shipboard and through distance support
- Tracing signals and diagnosing or isolating cause for electrical failures
- Conduct shipboard training
- Development and review of technical documentation such as test plans and procedures, maintenance procedures, operation procedures, troubleshooting guides, installation drawings
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Ability to use a computer to conduct troubleshooting and complete work products
Ability to read, understand, and interpret electrical schematics
Ability to obtain a Secret security clearance
High School Diploma or Trade/Industrial School Diploma (or GED Equivalent), graduate from military schools and/or related military experience.
Prior U.S. Navy shipboard experience, specifically with Navigation or Ship Controls
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time