Engineering Maintenance Consultant
McKean Defense is an employee owned Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations.
McKean Defense Group is currently seeking a motivated individual to fill a position as a subject matter expert in the area of U.S. Navy surface fleet maintenance policies and procedures for Hull, Mechanical, & Electrical (HM&E) systems. The position is based in Philadelphia, PA in support of the United States Navy’s efforts to improve the Planned Maintenance System (PMS). The ideal candidate brings a passion for improving the lives of deck plate sailors through improved maintenance procedures and policies and an understanding of the Navy’s operating environment and strategic priorities is necessary to succeed in this position. This position requires regular, direct, point-to-point client interface to resolve difficult and time sensitive maintenance related issue and the ability to present technically accurate solutions in writing.
- Review specifications, technical manuals, and other technical documentation that relate to HM&E systems.
- Support project planning and execution efforts for technical documentation research, development, and analyses.
- Apply Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) concepts in maintenance requirement analysis.
- Receive Technical Feedback Reports (TFBRs) from the fleet and work directly with system engineers and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to resolve technical and procedural issues.
- Review maintenance documentation for clarity, conformity, and proper structure according to the Navy’s most recent guidelines.
- Facilitate effective government and industry team relationships.
- Facilitate and participate in project team meetings and discussions to improve process efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assist in tracking and managing multiple project tasks.
- Provide direct support to the assigned program technical manager.
- Must be able to develop productive relationships and interface with the fleet, waterfront supporting organizations, NAVSEA and field activities.
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral, and presentation) are required.
- Must be familiar with U.S. Navy 3M policies and procedures.
- Expertise/Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance. Applicants with an active DOD security clearance are highly desirable.
Education: Individual shall possess a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Marine, or Naval/Marine Engineering) from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience supporting the US Navy in Logistics.
- 4+ years of professional engineering experience required, 4 or more years supporting the U.S. Navy in a professional environment, active duty service in an engineering rate is preferred.
- An understanding of U.S. Navy engineering plants, policies, and procedures is critical to succeeding in this position.
- Prior active duty Navy experience is highly desirable.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time