Engineering Project Manager/Team Manager
McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
McKean Defense is looking for a Team Manager to manage technical projects and a team for the US Navy Steam ISEA. Direct oversight of personnel and management of technical tasks and projects will be an essential element of the job.
The Team Manager will perform the following tasks:
- Management of day-to-day operational aspects of a project.
- Identification of needed resources and assignment of individual responsibilities.
- Effective application of our company methodology and enforcement of project standards.
- Minimization of our exposure and risk on project.
- Ensuring project documents and deliverables are complete and current.
- Identifying areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Assist the Division Manager in efforts to capture new prime contracts and grow our support of existing contract vehicles.
Project Team Development:
- Writes and conducts effective performance reviews and mentors those with less experience.
- Helps team execute career development plans.
- Review and approval of project team time sheets, TARs, TERs, and BERs in a conscientious and timely manner.
- Reviews the status reports of team members and addresses issues as appropriate.
- Complies with and helps to enforce standard policies and procedures.
- Develops lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative solutions.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Build a knowledge base of each client's business, organization, and objectives.
- Develop a general understanding of the work performed for the clients supported by the project team.
- Strength in Steam propulsion and auxiliary machinery
Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Organized and detail oriented
Ability to manage project schedule, budget, and scope along with resource and risk management
Strong customer relationship building skills
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field
At least 5 years project or program management experience required
Experience using the Microsoft Office suite is required
Engineering or technical experience with the Navy or gov't organizations a plus
Prior military or shipboard experience a plus
PMP certification a plus, but not required
Government Contracts experience a plus
Must be able to obtain/maintain a SECRET clearance
5+ years work experience required
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time