Engineering Team/Project Manager
McKean Defense is an employee owned Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations.
The Team Manager will perform the following tasks:
- Management of day-to-day operational aspects of a project.
- Identification of needed resources and assignment of individual responsibilities.
- Effective application of our company methodology and enforcement of project standards.
- Minimization of our exposure and risk on project.
- Ensuring project documents and deliverables are complete and current.
- Identifying areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Assist the Division Manager in efforts to capture new prime contracts and grow our support of existing contract vehicles.
Project Team Development:
- Writes and conducts effective performance reviews and mentors those with less experience.
- Helps team execute career development plans.
- Review and approval of project team timesheets, TARs, TERs, and BERs in a conscientious and timely manner.
- Reviews the status reports of team members and addresses issues as appropriate.
- Complies with and helps to enforce standard policies and procedures.
- Develops lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative solutions.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Build a knowledge base of each client's business, organization, and objectives.
- Develop a general understanding of the work performed for the clients supported by the project team.
- Develop a very good understanding of our capabilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to manage project schedule, budget, and scope along with resource and risk management
- Strong customer relationship building skills
- Experience using the Microsoft Office suite is require
- Engineering or technical experience with the Navy or gov't organizations a plus
- Project or program management experience
- PMP certification a plus, but not required
- Experience with MS Project a plus
- Experience using Deltek products a plus
- Government Contracts experience a plus
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a SECRET clearance
- 5+ years work experience required
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time