McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
McKean has an opening for a Financial Analyst in support of contracts with the United States Navy in Patuxent River, MD. Candidate will Analyze program requirements, status, budget and schedules. Perform program management, technical, or business case analyses. Participate as a member of and/or supports the specified Program Integrated Product Teams (IPTs); and IPT directed business meetings. Collect, complete, organize and interpret technical data and financial information relating to aircraft acquisition and product programs. Track program/project status and schedules. Apply policies and procedures for financial planning.
Perform principle role of monitoring, controlling, financial management and historical financial data collection and oversight in support of Program and Project Managers. Including funding analysis, profitability tracking, labor & non-labor financials, program funding charts, monthly expenditure charts, ETC/EAC calculations, Earned Value Management (EVM) charts and cost variance charts to analyze historical financials and track current task spending.
Develop detailed cost estimates (labor and ODC) throughout the contract and prior to each contract award term.
- BA/BS in Financial, Business, or Analytics related field
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance is required
- Documented proficiency with MS Office Suite, web-based applications and databases (specifically Excel)
- Basic analytical skills, and strong numerical skills necessary
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral); able to effectively interact with associates at all levels
- Understand basic government contract structures, track and manage contract mods and funding lines to coincide with budgets
3-10 years of experience or additional 6 years related documented experience if no degree
- Former DoD (especially NAVAIR) experience highly desirable (military or civilian).
- Financial management experience including financial analysis of business programs, development of cost estimates, and program status reports
- Navy ERP (all funding types including experience processing program acquisition, funding and contract documentation for military programs)
Professional certifications, skills and experience that provide added value but are not required:
- Business and/or financial certifications as they relate to field of work and/or study
- Understanding of the DoD Acquisition System and Planning Programming, Budgeting & Execution (PPBE) system
- Knowledge of DoD Federal Management Regulations (FMR) and Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
- Two years of DoN procurement policies and procedures.
- Ideal candidates should have experience cutting funding documents (WX's, RX's, MIPRS, PID/PRs) from a PMA, and preferably have knowledge of APN-1, APN-5, and/or RDTE appropriations
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time