McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
McKean Defense is seeking an IT Specialist to support U.S. Navy Machinery Control System (MCS) programs. Responsibilities may include:
- Supporting software installations at test sites and shipboard
- Scanning of software images
- Troubleshoot and test computer systems / software associated with machinery control systems
- Develop technical documentation associated with above efforts, as required
- High School Diploma, or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Understanding of Windows and/or Linux operating systems
- CompTIA Sec+ Certification a plus, but not required
- Security Clearance Requirement: Candidate must have active Secret clearance, or be clearable
Travel up to 25% of the time
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time