McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
- Coordinate application design, development, testing, and implementation with the objective of integrating customer processes and data flows to include management tools, planning, and scheduling.
- Coordinate, design, and implement reports from multiple sources that support analysis, metrics, and integration.
- Create technical documentation, user guides, and standard operating procedures for required developed processes.
- Identify bottlenecks, bugs, network, policy, or training issues and develop timely, accurate solutions.
- Interact with Technical Architecture team to maintain, optimize, and troubleshoot websites, servers, and related infrastructure.
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities.
- Ensure the best performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Must have CompTIA Security+ certification or ability to obtain within 90 days.
- Must have an active or qualify for a DoD security clearance.
- Working knowledge of jQuery, SQL, SOAP/REST API, AJAX, HTML5, and CSS3.
- Understanding of multiple database systems, architectures, and networks is a plus.
- Understanding of browser compatibility issues with a focus on a similar look, feel, and functionality across different browsers.
- Have a solid understanding of the DOM, web applications, and instantiation procedures, including security, session management, and best development practices.
- Must have a strong programming background authoring well written, well documented, modular, clean, and readable code.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office: 2010, 2013, 365 (online) and SharePoint.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills and works well in a team environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills including but not limited to troubleshooting, debugging, and optimization.
- Travel is required but anticipated to be minimal.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time