Jr. Metrics Analyst
McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
The Jr. Metrics Analyst will develop, maintain and present high level process compliance measurements in order to identify trends that are affecting quality, cost, and the timely completion of maintenance on surface ships. Additionally, the analyst will work with metrics related to ships meeting expected service life.
Some of the duties will include:
- Interface with senior military/civilian management, supervisor, team members, and other process POCs to develop and fine tune the process of how metrics are calculated.
- Create or modify customized reports, lists, charts, databases, to better convey the metrics information to an audience such as in Excel
- Analyze large datasets utilizing statistical software packages, such as SAS and SQL
- Pull data from various locations and create metrics for presentation and study.
- Resolve technical problems concerning the collecting of the data for the process metrics.
- Document decisions concerning metrics under your cognizance in an official record.
- Process mapping to support statistical data interpretation related to fleet operational maintenance requirements.
- Partner with other Navy enterprises (Carriers and Submarines) in the area of metrics analysis and reporting to gain best practices for application to Surface Ship metrics dashboards.
- Participate in special projects and perform additional duties as required.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite and other database management tools and software, specifically, advanced skills with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Be an energetic, self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills who is both able work independently to meet deadlines without prompting as needed while also being able to adapt and learn new processes quickly while working in a team environment
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to work independently, attention to detail, and superb customer interaction
- Experience in developing and managing metrics
- Able to mentor others, train / instruct end-users and help deploy applications to users
Two to five years working within a Ship Maintenance environment to include working with the Navy Maintenance Database (NMD) and/or the Navy Data Environment (NDE)
Candidate must have an active security clearance and be able to obtain a CAC.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time