LCS Personnel and Administrative Support Specialist
McKean Defense is an employee owned Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations.
LCS Pre-commissioning Personnel/Administrative Support job duties include:
* Work cooperatively in an integrated team environment supporting PEO LCS, PMS 420 and PMS 505, BUPERS, LCSRON, Personnel Support Activities and Detachments, Navy Manpower and Training organizations, and the Ships' Crewmembers.
* Represent organizational units on personnel matters.
* Recommend, interpret, and advise ships' crews on US Navy personnel policy and standard operating procedures with emphasis on Pre-commissioning-unique regulations and guidance.
* Act as crew's liaison on matters of personnel and finance with BUPERS, DFAS, PSD/PSA and LCSRON.
* Establish records and files, process official correspondence, fitness reports and evaluations. Track and complete documentation in support of periodic and special reports.
* Track all Navy Family Accountability and Assessment System (NFAAS) requirements and provide deficiency reports to LCSRON.
* Work in partnership with the local Personnel Support Detachment on various issues such as service record data upload and record verification, Permanent Change of Station (PCS) orders and help to resolve personnel and pay issues; liquidate military travel claims and vouchers, calculating per diem entitlements and counseling military members on pay and DOD/DON travel policies; provide orientation assistance to Navy crew in travel claim submission.
* Process required documents for and assist with record entry for reenlistments, transfers, educational services and other duties as required to support crew readiness. Ensure PRECOM Crews are ready for upcoming advancement exams, to include required documentation (i.e. EVALS, awards, profile sheets), including tracking of students who are TEMADD during examinations.
* Assist PRECOM crews in establishing and maintaining command sponsor program.
* Responsible for technical functions and responsibilities, to include formatting and converting documents and files; setting up and maintaining filing and record retention systems; assisting with preparing mass-mailings, reports and memoranda.
* Monitor and report on TADTAR funding/Line of Accounting and Budgets utilizing the Defense Travel System, facilitate cost Temporary Additional Duty (TAD) orders and review travel claims; Process activity gains and losses, pay actions and maintenance of enlisted service records utilizing Transaction Online Processing Systems (TOPS).
* Submit metrics and status for inclusion in monthly contract deliverable reports.
- Knowledge of JTR and government travel rules
- Ability to instruct and train Navy crews in personnel administration rules and regulations
- Knowledge of Navy Evaluation/FITREP processes and instructions.
- Knowledge of Navy advancement Examination requirements.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications
- Secret clearance required
- Microsoft Office Applications
- Experience as a former USN PS/YN/NC and in government disbursing and USN personnel administrative procedures is highly desired
- JTR and government travel rules
- Instructing and training Navy crews in personnel administration rules and regulations is important
- Secret clearance required
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense Group is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time