Logistics / Equipment Specialist (Gas Turbines)
McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
McKean Defense is seeking an experienced Logistician and/or Engineering Technician to support Navy propulsion programs. The candidate's responsibilities will include:
- Develop, review, update, and maintain technical documentation and logistics packages related to systems.
- Assist in the integration of the supporting Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) documentation for systems and equipment.
- Use of technical/logistics research tools for Allowance Parts List/Allowance Equipage List (APL/AEL), parts and National Stock Number (NSN) identification such as Haystack and Logiquest.
- Collect and analyze metrics.
- Work with engineers and provide recommendations as required.
- Support configuration management related to ILS support.
- Work within various Navy systems and databases, such as supply system, CDMD-OA, and Navy Data Environment (NDE).
Up to 25% travel.
- Individual shall have a High School diploma, trade/industrial school graduate, GED equivalent or graduate of a military school which provided an in-depth knowledge of naval shipboard systems maintenance and operation.
- Highly motivated and organized
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Secret Security clearance required (or ability to obtain one)
- Minimum 2 years experience / working knowledge of Navy Logistics and ILS Documentation
- Prior Navy background is a plus. Shipboard experience is a plus.
- Experience and familiarity with Naval Hull, Mechanical, and Electrical (HM&E) systems is a plus; preferably propulsion/marine gas turbine systems and equipment.
- Experience and familiarity with Navy databases (i.e. REMEDY, NDE, CDMD-OA, TDMIS, PMSMIS) is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time