McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
McKean Defense Fleet Introduction Project provides Precommissioning Support to ship's Prospective Commanding Officer, Executive Officer and Department Heads for Logistics and technical services. Fleet Introduction work is performed in an integrated support team environment that includes government and McKean Defense teams that work closely with PEO SHIPS, Supervisor of Shipbuilding, Shipbuilder and the ship's Crewmembers.
Candidate will provide Logistics Support as follows:
- Assist Ship’s Force in developing the Crew Move-Aboard Plan.
- Receive updates to and maintain Consolidated Plant Property inventory.
- Assist the Admin Department in the identification, receiving, inventory control and load-out of all Library allowances.
- Assist the Medical Department in the identification, receiving, inventory control and load-out of all Authorized Medical and Dental Allowances.
- Coordinate the distribution and management of government provided industrial safety gear to Pre-Commissioning Crew personnel.
- Assist the Supply Department during the load-out of supply consumables and equipage into Supply Storerooms including the performance of material receipt, inventory, labeling, and load-out.
- Assist air department and McKean staff with the requisitioning, expediting, receiving, inventory control and load-out of Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR)-sponsored aeronautical equipage, stock and logistics support items.
- Actively track the requisitioning, expediting, receipt, and configuration of NAVAIR-sponsored load-out equipage and aviation technical manuals and provide technical expertise regarding aviation ship outfitting discrepancies.
- Assist support leads and air department to ensure that authorized quantities of fleet-controlled equipment are available and delivered to the shipyard to support aviation certification events.
- Identifying and tracking the delivery of Air Department equipment.
- Maintain a list of all emergent Individual Material Readiness List (IMRL) changes from NAVAIR which could affect the installation of contract designated support equipment.
- Develop a command lock and key plan and provide to the Supply Officer.
- Assist the Supply Officer during inventory load-out to ensure a safe and orderly transfer of materials from stowage to planned locations and track material shortage lists.
- Assist the PCU to review and analyze the Stock Number Sequence Lists (SNSLs), General Usage Consumable Lists (GUCL), Coordinated Shipboard Allowance Lists (COSAL), and Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) Load, identifying and reporting actual and potential problems and non-support areas to the command, and initiating administrative corrective action as required.
- Participate in logistics support and supply documentation reviews to identify discrepancies and initiate corrective actions where required.
- Provide assistance to all department heads and support staff during Ship load-out, in reviewing load plans and ensuring placement of materials in correct stowage locations.
- Candidate will need to organize tasks and services and be able to work with competing priorities.
- Strong computer skills in the MS Office suite of software, including Outlook, Word, Excel and Access.
- Effective written and oral communication skills are essential in this team oriented-customer service position.
- Must be able to physically maneuver on board US Navy Ships including accessing high and confined spaces and lift up to 50 pounds.
- An ability to obtain and maintain an active Secret clearance is required.
- BS or 6 years work experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
- Must have experience as a logistics technician with experience in navy configuration and supply chain management.
- Understanding of building contract, build specifications and contract deliverable requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time