McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
McKean is looking to hire an Entry Level Logistics Support Specialist with experience in Army Watercraft ILS development, including:
- Work as a member of a Logistics Team in the Development of Army watercraft Integrated Product Support (IPS) documents.
- Develop Excel spreadsheets from existing or ship checked data.
- Import Excel spreadsheets into Government programs (Power Log J 2 (PLJ2) and Compass).
- Research part data using LogiQuest.
- Contact original Equipment Manufacturers and other sources of supply for part data.
- Review and edit part illustrations.
- Produce reports and Excel spreadsheets from PLJ2.
- Maintain work folders on a server.
- Assist of team members as required.
- Attend team meetings.
- Travel up to 25%
- Familiarity and experience with shipboard equipment on Military Vessels
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel above casual user experience. Must be able to work unsupervised creating, editing, combining, and presenting complicated Excel spreadsheets for import into US Government Data bases.
- Experience or familiarity with parts ordering, part top down breakout structure, parts catalogs, maintenance of shipboard equipment, and repair parts technical manuals
- Candidate must have active Secret clearance or the ability to obtain clearance
- Use of data base systems Government or Civilian
- High School Diploma or equivalent and a completed apprenticeship and/or formal training in area of specialty
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time