McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
1. Provide subject matter expertise to NSWCPD fuels and lubricants team as requested.
2. Determining LOQM Return On Investment
- Familiar with existing DRS, MRG/CPP, and NOAP programs
- Familiar with Corona MRDB database, DRS metrics, and existing metrics used by c/331 to determine value of LOQM program, etc.
- Develop process for estimating LOQM return on investment per system (LPD diesels, MRGs, HPUs, etc) and per program (DRS, MRG/CPP, NOAP)
- Process should include methodology for estimating cost of repairs avoided for common program recommendations as well as time avoidance
- Work with NSWC Corona POC and c/331 to establish process for capturing LOQM metrics
- LOQM metrics are incorporated into Corona database
3. Develop Navy Oil Analysis Program (NOAP) annual metrics report for OPNAV N83
- Become familiar with NOAP costs, maintenance databases, reason for removal codes, engineering investigation feedback systems on weapon platforms
- Development of standardized Return on Investment (ROI) calculation for the NOAP acceptable to OPNAV N83 and the SYSCOMs (NAVAIR, NAVSEA).
- Establish procedures to annually document oil analysis as a tool for increased safety, improvements in maintenance costs, improvements in readiness, and improvements in reliability centered maintenance/condition based maintenance.]
Ability to lead accurate and complete studies involving Naval Lubricants and the Navy Oil Analysis Program (NOAP)
Proficiency in the planning and execution of Business Case Analysis projects
Experience determining appropriate metrics for Navy Lube Oil Systems
- Expertise in determining the Return-On-Investment of one or more courses of action various options
- DoD Secret Security Clearance - active within the previous 24 months
- Minimum 15 years of experience in Naval fuels and lubricants, including familiarity with NOAP and oil analysis techniques
- Experience performing return on investment analysis
- Familiarity with Navy shipboard mechanical systems
- Familiarity with Naval aircraft weapon systems
- Experience determining appropriate metrics for Navy lube oil systems
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Part Time