MACHALT Coordinator (Electrical)
McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
The Machinery Alteration (MACHALT) Coordinator (electrical) will act as NSWC Philadelphia’s On-Site Representative (OSR) for the MACHALT program. While the Coordinator must have strong experience in shipboard electrical systems (including distribution), they will be involved in mechanical and auxiliary alterations as well. This support includes assisting NSWCPD with HM&E shipboard equipment alterations (including electrical switchboard work) and involve: installation oversight, performing ship checks to ensure ship meets minimum requirements, monitoring installation performance against NAVSEA Specifications, conducting in-briefs and out-briefs for ships force, updating ILS for each installation and supporting Program Managers with MACHALT prototype development. Additionally, the OSR plans and coordinates all installations in the San Diego area, meeting with port engineers, ship's force, TYCOM representatives (AIR/SUB/SURF PAC), and AITs as needed.
The employee will be required to:
- Work in a shipboard/shipyard environment
- Use strong communication skills to interact with U.S. Navy personnel
- Be proficient MS Office products including Excel and Word
- Travel and work effectively in CONUS and OCONUS locations
- Must have an active DoD Secret security clearance
- Experience with Navy Electrical and Auxiliary systems
- Experience with shipboard electrical system maintenance
- Experience with fleet tech support and Regional Maintenance Centers (RMCs).
- Minimum of 5 years Navy experience
- Familiarity with Fleet Modernization Programs
- Knowledge of Navy organizational set up and the ability to interact with personnel and officers at all levels
- Familiar with ship change documents and drawings
- Familiar with the RMMCO process
- Familiar with multiple ship classes
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time