Machinery Alteration OnSite Representative - Part Time
McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
The Alteration On-Site Representative (OSR) functions as the NSWCPD waterfront representative for the MACHALT program. This support includes assisting NSWCPD with MACHALT installation oversight, performing ship checks to ensure ship meets minimum requirements, monitoring installation performance against NAVSEA Specs, conducting in-briefs and out-briefs for ships force, updating ILS for each installation and supporting Program Managers with MACHALT prototype development. Additionally, the OSR plans and coordinates all installations in the area, meeting with port engineers, ship's force, TYCOM representatives (AIR/SUB/SURF LANT), and AITs as needed.
This Part Time Position will be used in an irregular, “on demand” basis and require OCONUS travel to various Navy Ports in support of short term MACHALT projects.
The employee will be required to:
- Work in a shipboard/shipyard environment
- Use strong communication skills to interact with U.S. Navy personnel
- Be proficient MS Office products including Excel and Word
- Travel and work effectively in CONUS and OCONUS locations
- Must have an Active DoD Secret security clearance
- Experience with HM&E systems
- Specific experience in shipboard electrical system maintenance
- Experience with fleet tech support and Regional Maintenance Centers (RMCs).
- Minimum of 10 years Navy experience
- Familiarity with Fleet Modernization Programs
- Knowledge of Navy organizational set up and the ability to interact with personnel and officers at all levels
- Familiar with SCDs and SIDs
- Must have an in-depth understanding of MFOM
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.