McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
We have a current requirement for a Maintenance Coordinator that will work to support the RMC Production Department in varying capacities in support of Surface Ship Maintenance and Modernization.
- Ability to coordinate work between the product families, production, assessment, maintenance teams, and ships/customers.
- Capable of working with the Regional Maintenance Center (RMC) Engineering Assessment Department, Material Manager, Availability Manager, Product Family Team, the Ship/Class Maintenance Teams, and ships/customers.
- Act as a liaison between ship’s captain and shore maintenance personnel to ensure schedules are maintained.
- Evaluates and validates all work being referred for capability, capacity, validity, accuracy, timelines, time estimate, and cost.
- Coordinates and develops TSRA assessment packages used by the SMEs to include; Go Assess 2Kilo (GA2K), SCLSIS information, Current Ships Maintenance Project (CSMP) shore file items, assessment procedures for the assigned equipment/system, and blank
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Possess a DOD Security Clearance
- Proficient in use of related computer program/systems, Microsoft Office applications
- Possess a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the following:
- engineering and performing system and component reviews and inspections on U.S. Navy ships
- documenting assessments and findings and providing recommendations
- communicating, interacting, and working among senior personnel
- management, supervisory or task direction
- Maintenance procedures, practices and techniques common to the operation of RMS, SUPSHIP, Naval Sea System Command, and TYCOMs.Ship repair and overhaul techniques to effectively and professionally coordinate and progress availabilities
- JFMM in order to assure sound and timely progressing of availabilities
- Naval Ship's Configuration and Major Shipboard Systems, to provide a general understanding of the work to be performed during availability
- Technical writing and message drafting, in order to write technical material and originate naval messages
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time