Manpower, Personnel and Training (MPT) Coordinator
McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
McKean is seeking a candidate with experience in Training Administration to work as Manpower, Personnel and Training (MPT) Coordinator supporting Pre-commissioning ships. Primary work location is Norfolk VA, but periodic travel may be required. Using a tailored MPT Wide Area Network application, the selected candidate is expected to:
- Manage in-house and Navy programs/processes to monitor training requirements
- Review ships’ manpower/manning status and projections
- Track prospective gains on Permanent Change of Station orders
- Create individual training tracks for service members
- Provide school quota management and document completed and future training schedules
- Prepare and submit periodic status reports as a measure of crew training. Comprehensive Final Training Reports will be completed at or near delivery to document training accomplishments in preparation for a successful crew certification
- Provide over sight of PRECOM support staff.
- Provide Manpower, Personnel, and Training (MP&T) support to Prospective Commanding Officers/Executive Officers (CO/XO) of assigned commands in the following ways:
- Provide recommendations to CO, XO and CMC regarding ship training issues/concerns.
- Interface with command administrative personnel regarding new arrivals, personnel transfers and personnel issues.
- Manage the development/updating of Crew Scheduling and Phasing Plan (CSPP) and Change Letters to support schedule and/or manpower changes. Conduct review of NTSP Billet Training Profile (BTP) course information in support of CSPP creation. Conduct review/comparison of PSMDs in support of CSPP creation.
- Process orders through coordination with Special Program Detailers, reviewing for discrepancies and updating/maintaining MP&T application/database.
- Conduct review of FLTMPS required courses for supported platforms and incorporate any changes into appropriate files within MP&T application.
- Provide data files and report to facilitate transfer of training data to shipboard Administrative systems.
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Functional knowledge of MS Office suite and web-based tools and applications
- Associates degree plus a minimum of 5 years of experience. 10 years of experience accepted to meet degree requirement.
- Knowledge of Navy Training systems, policies and procedures.
- Well versed with major Navy Training databases such as Fleet Training Management Planning System (FLTMPS), Corporate Enterprise Training Activity Resource Systems (CeTARS), Catalog of Navy Training Courses (CANTRAC) and Enterprise Navy Training Reservation System (eNTRS)
- Familiarity with Navy Enlisted Occupational Standards, Navy Enlisted Classifications and Navy detailing systems
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time