Mechanical Engineer w/Integrated Logistics Experience
McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
McKean Defense Group is currently seeking a motivated individual to fill a position as a Mechanical Engineer / Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Specialist in support of the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Philadelphia Division (NSWCPD) Code 334 Oil Pollution Abatement System In-Service Engineering Agent (ISEA) / Life Cycle Management (LCM) Support Activity. The position is based in Philadelphia, PA in support of the United States Navy’s efforts to improve the Planned Maintenance System (PMS) as it relates to shipboard Oil Pollution Abatement (OPA) Systems and specifically Oil Water Separator (OWS) equipment.
The ideal candidate brings a desire to use their engineering and ILS experience to improve maintenance procedures and policies in support of the Fleet. This position requires regular, direct, point-to-point client interface to resolve challenging and time sensitive maintenance related issue and the ability to develop and present technical solutions for review, approval and implementation.
- Experience reviewing and updating ILS products: technical manuals, installation drawings, system piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID) and other ILS documentation associated with surface ship Hull, Mechanical and Electrical (HM&E) systems and equipment. Experience with OPA systems and OWS equipment is a plus.
- Ability to investigate design, legacy and obsolescence issues, support improvement and modernization programs, and assess systems/equipment via shipboard checks.
- Competence to coordinate equipment shock, vibration, Electro-Magnetic Interference (EMI) qualification support, OPA certification checklist updates, development of training packages.
- Capability to maintain system configuration data, training materials and associated OPA databases.
- Apply Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) concepts in maintenance requirement analysis.
- Experience reviewing maintenance documentation for clarity, conformity, and proper structure according to the Navy’s most recent guidelines.
- Ability to facilitate effective government and industry team relationships.
- Facilitate and participate in project team meetings and discussions to improve process efficiency and effectiveness.
- Wherewithal to assist in tracking and managing multiple project tasks.
- Must be able to develop productive relationships and interface with the fleet, waterfront supporting organizations, NAVSEA and field activities.
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral, and presentation) are required.
- Familiarity with the U.S. Navy Maintenance and Material (3M) System policies and procedures is a plus.
- Expertise/Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Travel up to 25%.
Education: Individual shall possess a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
2 - 5 years of professional engineering experience required. U.S. Navy engineering experience in uniform or as a civil servant / contractor is a plus.
A DoD Secret Clearance which has been active within the previous twenty-four (24) is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time