McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
McKean Defense is seeking a steam system mechanical engineer. The main function of the candidate will be to provide lifecycle engineering support for steam propulsion plants and auxiliary steam systems including boilers, catapult accumulator systems, reboilers, and service steam systems onboard US Navy, Maritime Administration and Military Sealifit Command ships.
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering is required
- 5-7 years of experience in Mechanical Engineering
- Project Management Skills
- Ability to Read to understand Mechanical Drawings
- Familiarity with CAD
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Familiarity with MS software including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Candidate must have an active Secret clearance, or be clearable
- Up to 25% travel
- Engineering experience with steam propulsion plants including boilers, valves, heat exchangers and condensers. Experience with catapult accumulator systems, reboilers and service steam systems a plus.
- Secret clearance or ability to obtain a Secret clearance
- Self-motivated able to work in a team environment
- Experience/knowledge in general operation, maintenance and repair tools and techniques which could be applied to marine propulsion and service steam systems.
- Experience/knowledge in general logistics systems which could be applied to marine propulsion and service steam systems. Ability to develop and track status of assigned projects and tasks (including milestones and funding requirements). Financial management skills a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time