Naval Architect & Marine Engineer
McKean Defense is an employee owned Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations.
We are a mission-focused strategic partner in Naval Engineering and Information Technology, is constantly pursuing technical growth and market diversification to increase value for its customers and opportunity for its employees. Our engineers, programmers, designers and analysts are currently providing innovative technical solutions in naval engineering, national security, and logistics programs across the nation and around the world.
Candidate duties will include the following:
- Provide marine engineering support for shipboard Hull, Mechanical and Electrical (HM&E) Systems such as propulsion, power generation and distribution, auxiliary systems, machinery controls, and instrumentation.
- Apply mechanical engineering principles to support systems engineering, production engineering, and test and integration engineering for various shipboard HM&E systems, equipment, and RDT&E programs.
- Review specifications, technical manuals, modification drawing packages, and other technical documentation that relate to HM&E systems, and RDT&E programs.
- Assist higher level engineers and scientists in mechanical engineering tasks, and project management tasks for assigned projects.
- Assist with preparation of proposals, project schedules, presentations and reports, and research technical information to support and design systems.
- Support project planning and execution efforts for research development, investigations, analyses, and testing.
- Utilize industry standards and Regulatory Body Requirements to recommend improvements in design, operation, maintenance and safety for assigned systems and equipment.
- Provide supporting technical and logistics documentation relative to recommended design improvements and performance requirements.
- Resolve all equipment and systems issues with the appropriate Subject Matter Expert(s).
Skills and qualifications will include the following:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
Minimum 4 year degree from a Maritime College . Experience shall include working with engineering and design teams to meet regulatory and sponsor requirements.
Ability to obtain DoD Secret clearance is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense Group is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time