Navy Policy Compliance and Process Improvement Subject Matter Expert
McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
- Review current documented processes to determine required actions, policy and process changes needed to support government courses of action (COA).
- Interview representatives from designated activities from Navy organization and DoD to capture current “as-is” material procurement and handling processes.
- Assess current “as-is” situation to better understand the current process and performance gaps. Compare the “as-is” to the documented process.
- Engage commercial supply chain to benchmark best in class practices and processes.
- Capture and document the work flow/process map assessments.
- Based on analysis of benchmark comparisons provide viable COAs for government investment, future research, or actual implementation.
- Efficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to work independently, attention to detail, and superb customer interaction.
- A high school diploma, or a GED, and more than ten (10) years of relevant experience, or a bachelor's degree in a relevant field and fifteen (15) years of relevant experience, or a master's degree in a relevant field and ten (10) years of relevant experience.
- Prior military or civilian experience in the DOD/Navy
- The applicant must have at least an active SECRET level clearance.
- Working of knowledge of Joint Fleet Maintenance Manual and Navy Modernization Process Management Operations Manual (NMP MOM)
- Familiarity and working knowledge of NAVSUP and DLA
- Generated and implemented policies to support compliance and oversight for material and supply chain management.
- Assess and resolve programmatic and technical barriers for material control programs.
- Identify and generate solutions for process improvement efforts to support material procurement and handling.
- Maintain an automated supply system to account for organizational and installation supplies and equipment.
- Identified ways to better use space and improve supply distribution efficiency.
Travel is expected to be up to 25%.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time