Navy Supply Chain Management Subject Matter Expert
McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
- Review current documented processes to determine required actions, policy and process changes needed to support government courses of action (COA).
- Interview representatives from designated activities from Navy organization and DoD to capture current “as-is” material procurement and handling processes.
- Assess current “as-is” situation to better understand the current process and performance gaps. Compare the “as-is” to the documented process.
- Engage commercial supply chain to benchmark best in class practices and processes.
- Capture and document the work flow/process map assessments.
- Based on analysis of benchmark comparisons provide viable COAs for government investment, future research, or actual implementation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to work independently, attention to detail, and superb customer interaction.
- Efficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- A high school diploma, or a GED, and more than twenty (20) years of relevant experience, or a bachelor's degree in a relevant field and fifteen (15) years of relevant experience, or a master's degree in a relevant field and ten (10) years of relevant experience.
- Prior military or civilian experience in the DOD/Navy maintenance or supply field. Former USN Supply Officer.
- The applicant must have at least an active SECRET level clearance.
- Working of knowledge of Joint Fleet Maintenance Manual and Navy Modernization Process Management Operations Manual (NMP MOM)
- Procured and provided logistics support information for the Navy’s surface ship supplies, materials, and equipment.
- Involved in inventory control, financial management, and physical distribution systems.
- Analyzed the demand for supplies and forecasted future needs. Managed the inspection, shipping, and handling of supplies and equipment.
- Ordered, stored, checked, and issued supplies and materials. Prepared inventory reports and correspondence.
- Evaluated bids and proposals submitted by the Navy’s potential suppliers.
- Identified ways to better use space and improve supply distribution efficiency.
- Knowledge of Third Party Planning, Navy supply chain management, and Regional Maintenance Centers.
Travel is expected to be up to 25%.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time