Navy Surface Ship Baseline Availability Subject Matter Expert
McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
- Review current documented processes to determine required actions, policy and process changes needed to support government courses of action (COA).
- Interview representatives from designated activities from Navy organization and DoD to capture current “as-is” material procurement and handling processes.
- Assess current “as-is” situation to better understand the current process and performance gaps. Compare the “as-is” to the documented process.
- Engage commercial supply chain to benchmark best in class practices and processes.
- Capture and document the work flow/process map assessments.
- Based on analysis of benchmark comparisons provide viable COAs for government investment, future research, or actual implementation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to work independently, attention to detail, and superb customer interaction.
- Efficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- A high school diploma, or a GED, and more than ten (10) years of relevant experience, or a bachelor's degree in a relevant field and five (5) years of relevant experience, or a master's degree in a relevant field and five (5) years of relevant experience.
- Prior military or civilian experience in the DOD/Navy maintenance field.
- The applicant must have at least an active SECRET level clearance.
- Working of knowledge of Joint Fleet Maintenance Manual and Navy Modernization Process Management Operations Manual (NMP MOM)
- Expert knowledge of the Baseline Availability Work Package and working knowledge of Third Party Planning
- Maintenance plan work and life cycle impacting repairs.
- Accessed and collected unfiltered data to display in support of ship and regional maintenance activities maintenance. Utilized software applications to create data tables and charts.
- Managed databases to build ship-specific work packages and support assessment and inspection teams.
- Compiled data from various databases and historic sources into a single cohesive picture utilizing data tables, pivot tables, pivot charts, and standard charts.
- Provided and presented executive level briefs on CNO availability advance planning.
- Knowledge of Third Party Planning, supply chain management, and Regional Maintenance Centers.
- Assisted with the evaluation of US Navy Surface Ship Maintenance Depot Availability Planning Products being generated by multiple activities on behalf of the government. Conducted extensive research during Surface Ship Maintenance Availability Advanced Planning, Solicitation, Execution and Close Out phases of projects.
Travel is expected to be up to 25%.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time