McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
McKean is seeking a Fully Qualified Navy Validator (FQNV) to provide cybersecurity support services to U.S. Navy programs. The candidate's responsibilities will include:
- Maintain thorough and current knowledge of Risk Management Framework (RMF) and Assessment and Authorization (A&A) process and standards.
- Work closely with system owners, technical leads, cybersecurity staff, and other stakeholders to manage cybersecurity requirements.
- Assessment and Authorization (A&A) of cyber program and systems.
- Integration and implementation of computer system security solutions.
- Initiates and prepares Assessment and Authorization (A&A) Risk Management Framework (RMF) packages; ensures existing Certification & Accreditation (C&A) and A&A packages are maintained in a compliant status; verifies and validates C&A and A&A package requirements and configuration modifications are performed and tested.
- Scanning using DoD approved tools.
- Coordinate technical meetings, prioritize topics, and identify objectives in support of package development.
Qualification as a Level II Navy Qualified Validator (NQV).
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Ability to lead a project and interface with end customers.
SECRET clearance required.
While this job is listed in San Diego, CA candidates may be based in Washington, DC, Philadelphia, PA or Virginia Beach, VA depending their preference location.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Information Technology, or related field is preferred.
Prior experience with DIACAP and RMF.
5 years of relevant experience, and at least 3+ years of A&A work in support of Navy programs.
Experience utilizing DoD approved scanning tools.
Experience utilizing eMASS system.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time