McKean Defense is an employee owned Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations.
This is a Network Administrator position supporting the IT Director, McKean management, Government and US. Navy personnel associated with the technical aspects of information systems.
- Connect computers, printers and other devices and facilitate communication and resource sharing between all of the devices.
- Research the best way to design a given network, taking into consideration constraints such as building layout, proximity to threats, and budget.
- Have an understanding of server operating systems, electrical concepts, security and problem solving.
- Must be able to follow direction and at times be a self-starter.
- Assistance may be required for all ships force departments.
- Obtain and maintain the various administrative requirements of new construction ships.
The position requires the candidate possess an active Secret SSBI security clearance.
- The candidate must have or acquire an IAT Level 2 certification, see instruction DODINST 8570.1-M for guidance.
- Candidate must possess the following certifications: Microsoft OS Certification Windows Server 2008 or higher, Active CompTIA Security+.
- Customer service skills as well as oral and written communication skills
- Expertise in Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, Excel, Access, and Outlook)
- Ability to organize tasks and services be able to work with competing priorities
- Ability to physically maneuver on board US Navy Ships and lift up to 50 pounds
- Effective written and oral communication skills are essential in this team orientated-customer service position
- Windows Server 2008 R2 and or Windows 2012 R2
- VMware ESXi and VDI
- Windows 10
- Active Directory
- Configure, maintain, and support Host Based Security System (HBSS) and clients
- Maintain and support Citrix server solution
- Maintain and support Virtual Private Network (VPN) solution
- Symantec or McAfee Antivirus
- Symantec Endpoint Encryption
- Tenable Security Center/Nessus Scanner (ACAS)
- Database Administration
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense Group is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time