McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
In this position you will analyze and troubleshoot system functionality and health, identify, implement and test required updates and repairs. This includes procurement and management of network equipment, parts, spares and materials; install, de-install, relocate and re-install hardware; develop and create accurate system documentation and configuration management; provide familiarization training on the network system; and provide basic operating system, encryption device, SAN, VSAN, NAS and network administration.
This is a mid-level position assisting the IT Director, McKean management, Government and US. Navy personnel associated with the technical management of information systems.
DoD Secret Clearance (SSBI) Required
- Have the ability to connect computers, printers and other devices and facilitate communication and resource sharing between all of the devices.
- Research the best way to design a given network, taking into consideration constraints such as building layout, proximity to threats, and budget.
- Manage configuration and installation of equipment.
- Have an understanding of server operating systems, electrical concepts, security and problem solving.
- Must be able to follow direction and at times be a self-starter.
- Assistance may be required for all ships force departments.
- Obtain and maintain the various administrative requirements of new construction ships.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or 5 years’ experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
- Microsoft OS Certification in either Windows
- Current CompTIA Security+ certification.
- Effective written and oral communication skills are essential in this team orientated-customer service position.
- DoD Secret Clearance (SSBI) Required
- Demonstrable experience with the following:
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Active Directory
- Windows 7 or higher
- VMware ESXi and VDI
- Experience in the following:
- Symantec or McAfee Antivirus Tenable Security Center/Nessus Scanner (ACAS)
- Cisco Switching and Routing Database Administration
- Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance
- McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator
- Candidate will need to organize tasks and services and be able to work with competing priorities.
- Must be able to physically maneuver on board US Navy Ships and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Experience with the MS Office suite of software, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time