Office Manager/Security Specialist
Cabrillo Technologies, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of McKean Defense. Cabrillo scientists, engineers, technical staff, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms and shipboard systems, and develop computing and networking strategies to support the Warfighter. Cabrillo employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations.
Working under minimal supervision, the successful candidate will be responsible for: manning the reception area, mail and shipping services, local support of the industrial security program, office supply and customer material purchasing requests, travel planning and travel reimbursement, government contract administrative support, receiving and overall facilities management. Directing and coordinating office services and related activities such as conference rooms and office events is also required. Manages and tracks office procurements to maximize utilization of services and equipment within operating budgets. Responsible for new hire check in, badging, arranging internal office moves and providing arrangements for office meetings and location functions.
- Manages the reception area to greet visitors ensuring effective communications both internally and externally to maintain professional image.
- Provides overall administrative activities including purchase requests, receiving office supplies, inventory and maintenance of office supplies, mail and incoming/outgoing packages and tracking.
- Provides travel related support to include by not limited to reconciliation of billing, credit card statements and submitted expense reports; supporting executives with reservations and expense report submission; coordinating arrangements and ensuring timely submission of expense report following the established travel policy in a timely manner and 100% error free.
- Performs local administrative functions for the McKean Defense DoD industrial security program under direction of FSO
- Assists with security processes to include but not limited to visitor processing and security badges for newly hired employees, with a goal to complete security training
- Provides meeting management support to include but not limited to conference room scheduling; food arrangements; etc.
- Effectively interacts with counterparts at other locations, including participation in corporate initiatives such as charity, wellness events and other company and office wide events/requirements.
- Supports location activities associated with New Hire Orientations.
- Coordinates the maintenance of office equipment including copier, fax machine, etc.
- Participates with the corporate Crisis Management Team to establish and maintain physical security, contingency plans and emergency response
- Responsible for the facilities day-to-day operations (such as distributing and tracking building access keys and back-up to security access cards, government badges, etc.)
- Prepares standard government forms and reports for the FSO and local management
- Participates as needed in special projects
- Strong communication, presence and interpersonal skills are required
- Able to work seamlessly with remote location offices and personnel
- Proficient with MS Office suite and have strong business communication skills including formal letters, email and text
- Working knowledge of mail and freight processes such as postage machine, FedEx and UPS
- Demonstrable planning and organizational skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Computer experience and intermediate literacy in MS Office Suite specifically MS Word and Excel as well as data entry into accounting and travel systems
- Have or be able to obtain and maintain a DoD PCL
- BA/BS with 2 years or AA/AS with 4+ years; Two to four years of previous experience in office management
- Ability to complete security training three months after access is granted to provide facility security officer backup
- Security experience desired
- Experience with a government defense contracting environment
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Cabrillo Technologies is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time