OMMS-NG Database Administrator (DBA) - SIGNING BONUS OFFERED
McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veteran's.
McKean's Fleet Introduction Project provides Pre-commissioning Support to ship's Prospective Commanding Officer, Executive Officer and Department Heads for administrative and technical services. Fleet Introduction work is performed in an integrated support team environment that includes government and McKean Defense teams that work closely with PEO SHIPS, Supervisor of Shipbuilding, Shipbuilder and the ship's Crewmembers.
This is a Database Administrator (DBA) position supporting the IT Director, McKean management, Government and US. Navy personnel associated with the technical aspects of the NTCSS system.
Provides OMMS-NG support in the development and implementation of NTCSS OMMS-NG databases for New Construction Ships.
- Experience in the development, deployment and implementation of OMMS-NG databases.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain positive demeanor.
- Provides OMMS-NG support in the development and implementation of the OPTIMIZED SNAP NTCSS databases for New Construction Ships.
- Familiarizes shipboard personnel with OMMS-NG functionality.
- Administrator for Commands configuration data analysis.
- Understand the concepts of automated data processing.
- Must be a self-starter and at times follow directions.
- Obtain and maintain the various administrative requirements of new construction ships.
- Candidate will need to organize tasks and services be able to work with competing priorities.
- Must be able to physically maneuver on board US Navy Ships and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Effective written and oral communication skills are essential in this team orientated-customer service position.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Technology or related field, a minimum of five (5) years’ experience working with OMMS-NG databases may be substituted for degree requirement.
- The position requires the candidate possess an active Secret SSBI security clearance.
- Experience with Database Administration and development
- Experience with the MS Office suite of software, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time