McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
The Operational Analyst will support IWS 6.0 (Navigation and Sensor Netting), providing analytical support to help the organization drive toward more effective use of money, materials, equipment, and people. Tasking will center on top-level strategy, planning, forecasting, resource allocation, performance measurement, scheduling, the design of production facilities and systems, supply chain management, pricing, transportation and distribution, and the analysis of large databases.
- Strong Research and Analysis skills. Must be able to understand and communicate complex processes at an actionable level.
- Advanced communication skill, both written and oral.
- Familiarity with diverse analytical techniques, including simulation, linear and nonlinear programming, dynamic programming, queuing and other stochastic-process models, and the analytic hierarchy process.
- Ability to construct mathematical models to describe the system being studied.
- Bachelor's level degree in an Engineering discipline, Physics or Mathematics or a Master's level degree in Operations Research or Mathematics
- 15 years professional experience in operations research
KEYWORD: Operations Research Analyst, GPS, ECDIS
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time