McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
McKean's Fleet Introduction Project provides Pre-Commissioning Support to ship's Prospective Commanding Officer, Executive Officer and Department Heads for administrative and technical services. Fleet Introduction work is performed in an integrated support team environment that includes government and McKean Defense teams that work closely with PEO SHIPS, Supervisor of Shipbuilding and Repair, Shipbuilder, BUPERS, ISIC, Personnel Support Detachments, Regional Support Offices and the ship's Crewmembers.
Candidate will provide Personnel/Administrative support as follows:
- Monitor crew arrival in accordance with the Crew Scheduling and Phasing Plan (CSPP).
- Coordinate and resolve administrative discrepancies, including in route training associated with Permanent Change of Station (PCS) and Temporary Additional Duty (TAD) travel orders with the Bureau of Personnel (BUPERS) and other Navy units as required on behalf of ships force and PMS 339.
- Support personnel management for personnel transferring into building yard.
- Manage the ship’s Plan of Action and Milestone Program.
- Utilizing MP&T and NSIPS, track and create the required reports
- Ensure command screening is completed by ship’s force before receiving an individual in NSIPS.
- Coordinate with Pre-Com Detachment (NORVA OR SDIEGO) to ensure loss dates are entered into NSIPS at time of transfer.
- Assist members in initiating travel claims for liquidation of PCS orders.
- Obtain travel through SATO at PSD Gulfport for members departing on PCS orders.
- Receive, review and distribute Command correspondence and take appropriate action.
- Maintain correspondence and serial logs.
- Track the progress of the POA&M for Commanding Officer and Executive Officer and assist with resolution for delinquent requirements.
- Assist in routing entitlement requests through ship's chain of Command.
- Typing and formatting command correspondence for routing and approval.
- Handle details privately that are FOUO in nature.
- Draft and compose emails professionally
- Assist in other administrative areas within our group of Admin, Personnel, Travel and Security and other duties when required.
- Candidate will need to organize tasks and services and be able to work with competing priorities.
- Will need strong computer skills in the MS Office suite of software, including Outlook, Word, Excel and Access.
- Candidate will provide the Ship's with programs, documentation and deliverables electronically during crew development through move-aboard.
- Data Base management is required to operate and update the Fleet Introduction Plan of Action and Milestone Program, Lessons Learned and Administrative databases.
- Effective written and oral communication skills are essential in this team orientated-customer service position.
- Judgement is required in resolving various problems and making routine recommendations.
- Understanding of military terms and practices is not required but beneficial.
- Current secret clearance is required
- Experience with NSIPS, MMPA, DTS and other Personnel/Disbursing applications
- Understanding of military terms and practices is beneficial
- Current secret clearance is required
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time