McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
This position is home-based in the Washington, DC area but other locations can be considered.
McKean is seeking a Mid-Level Pricing Analyst to lead and support a high volume of complex price proposals. The Pricing Analyst is expected to be able to review and analyze Government RFP / RFQs and provide strategic and competitive pricing advice to operational teams and management. Candidate shall perform solicitation and proposal reviews and collect data from outside sources to support cost proposal development. After reviewing solicitation, develops and communicates pricing requirements and generates pricing volume for management review. The Candidate will lead proposals of all contract types and dollar thresholds. Participates and prepares information for internal pricing reviews as well as support the development of pricing strategy and tactics.
- The position will report to the Pricing Lead and will need to be able to work with minimal supervision in the execution of the following key responsibilities:
- Review and interpret RFP/RFQ documentation; identify and develop questions based on the solicitation that impact Pricing compliance and strategy
- Develop, communicate, and execute pricing and subcontracting strategies within proposals
- Perform proposal preparation, coordinate vendor quotes, and participate in compliance review - Perform proposal reviews with management primarily in a support role
- Build pricing models and populate templates to facilitate identification and population of staff within the estimating data - Interact with Contracts, Capture Team, Procurement, and outside sources to collect data for proposals, as applicable
- Develop and communicate Pricing's requirements in the proposal planning/scheduling process
- Develop cost exhibits to support cost realism analysis
- Lead the Pricing volume content development and publication prior to submission
- Manage, mentor and review work product of junior Pricing personnel
- Coordinate review of the Pricing volume with Contracts and other internal groups as necessary - Perform job-related duties as assigned
A high degree of collaboration and communication is expected and encouraged for success in this role.
Excellent critical thinking skills, sound judgment, attention to detail and accuracy
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to manage work in an atmosphere of multiple proposals, shifting priorities, and deadline pressure
Minimum of 5 years of experience in the use of Microsoft Office Applications with a strong focus on Excel modeling for analysis and data presentation, and PowerPoint for developing effective presentations
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time