McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
McKean is seeking a Program Analyst to assist PEO USC PMS 505FI and the Fleet Introduction Principal Acquisition Program Manager (PAPM), along with the Engineering Department in PMS 505F. Typical work requirements include: provide scheduling, tracking, and monitoring of assigned projects, development of responses to inquiries from internal and external customers, preparing status reports, metrics and presentation material preparation for leadership, conferences, symposia, etc. Analyst will aid in the PMS 505-PMS 501 engagement and cohesion.
- Provide assistance to the PAPM with the review of documentation supporting the PMS 501 to PMS 505 Transfer Book for OWLD. Provide interface with PMS 501to ensure a holistic turnover of ships equipment and systems.
- Assist the PAPM with presentations supporting Fleet Introduction project milestone updates. Provide quality assurance reviews of documentation materials prior to release to stakeholders.
- Review plans, procedures, and processes for Navy certification, logistics support, and assessments related to Fleet Introduction requirements.
- Provide assistance to the PAPM with maintenance milestone, schedules, policies, and procedure development.
- Coordinate input of lessons learned and after actions from key Fleet Intro PAPM attended meetings. Provide technical input, items in core equity areas, and summary of action items.
- Provide review of technical documentation and drawings to include Ship Change Documents, ShipAlts, PMS 501 generated Prospective Changes Washington (PCWs) and Class II changes as well as PMS 505 funded modernization efforts as directed by the PAPM.
- Actively participate in required telcons and provide summary to government customer.
- Scan message traffic and relay a summary focused on PMS 505 core equities.
- Work with PMS 505FI PAPM to ensure processes, roles and responsibilities are accurately captured in the Fleet Introduction Instruction with a goal of inserting this group earlier in the transition process to in-service.
- Provide a summary and updates of action items and projects on a weekly basis during formalized drumbeats with clients. Reinforce communication with daily updates to ensure alignment and highly effective support.
- Provide a review of technical documentation and technical drawings to include Red Line changes in support of Ship Change Documents, ShipAlts, PMS 501 generated Prospective Changes Washington (PCWs) and Class II changes as well as PMS505 funded modernization efforts.
- Provide current/projected LCS platforms (pass OWLD) material readiness status to include; the previous two week ship schedules, projected six weeks ship schedules, embarked Mission Packages, and mission readiness concerns.
- Provide written/verbal reports (to include power point presentations) to PMS505 and PMS505 Principle Assistant Program Mangers (PAPMs) that explain shipboard casualties and how they could limit LCS platform readiness along with mitigating repair plans
- Must have at least a Secret level DoD clearance
- Efficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to work independently, attention to detail, and superb customer interaction.
- Capability to craft responses to data call/reports from NAVSEA, OPNAV and TYCOM/Fleet leadership
- Ability to create and maintain Plan of Actions and Milestones (POA&M), action items
- Ability to analyze current ship condition reports and provide status, trends and recommendations for mitigation
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient in technical writing and editing
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment without direct supervision
- Experience in project management
- Must be detail oriented and thorough
- Must have at least a Secret level DoD clearance
- A high school diploma, or a GED, and more than 15 years of relevant Naval experience, or a bachelor's degree in a relevant field and 10 years of relevant experience, or a master's degree in a relevant field and five years of relevant experience.
- Prior military or civilian experience in the DOD/Navy
- Possesses a working knowledge of Naval acronyms and processes
- Familiarity of NAVSEA and subordinate command organization structure
- Adept at compiling diverse information from multiple sources and forming them into clear, succinct products for senior leadership
- Experience in collection, organization, manipulation, display, charting and analysis of project and data from multiple sources
- Experience working at a naval shipyard, TYCOM, or other NAVSEA Organization
- Prior US Navy Surface Warfare Officer/Enlisted Surface Warfare qualifications
- Knowledge of modernization and maintenance fielding plans and work packages for US Navy surface ships.
- Experience developing maintenance milestones, schedules, policies, and procedures.
- Experience reviewing and analyzing maintenance and logistics requirements and plans in context of LCS Familiarity with shipboard logistics and maintenance at various LCS homeport and/or building yards.
- Familiarity with providing material readiness, maintenance/repair at LCS homeports and/or building yards.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time