Project Control Analyst
McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
McKean has an opening for a Program/Project Financial Analyst in support of contracts with the United States Navy to perform overall Cost Estimation/Cost Engineering, Scope Analysis, Financial Management and Modeling in our Philadelphia office. The ideal candidate has a background in finance and/or financial management with analytical experience, understands and is familiar with the principles of project management, is well written and well spoken.
This position supports the program and/or project manager working with the project control office team, and is responsible for reporting on the financial health of the project.
- Ability to develop detailed cost estimates (labor and ODC) throughout the contract and prior to each contract award term
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, web-based applications and databases (specifically Excel)
- At interview, be prepared to demonstrate proficiency in MS Excel
- Utilization of Earned Value Management (EVM) principles
- Strong analytical skills and numerical skills
- Understanding of timekeeping and financial management systems, DELTEK/Cost Point/COGNOS financial management systems is preferred
- Project Management Office (PMO/PCO) and/or specific contract support experience
- Knowledgeable of government contract structures, tracking and managing contract mods and funding lines to coincide with budgets
- BA/BS in Financial, Business, or Analytics related field with 2-5 years of experience or
- MS/MA in Financial, Business, or Analytics related field with 0-2 years of experience or
- 8+ years related documented experience if no degree, performing a combination of financial and analytical functions
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance is required
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time