Project Financial Analyst
McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
McKean has an opening for a Project Financial Analyst in support of contracts with the United States Navy to perform overall Cost Estimation, Scope Analysis, Financial Management and Modeling in our Arlington, VA office. The ideal candidate has a background in finance and/or financial management with analytical experience, understands the basic principles of project management.
This position supports the program and/or project manager working with the project control office team, and is responsible for reporting on the financial health of the project.
- Perform principle role of monitoring, controlling, financial management and historical financial data collection and oversight in support of Program and Project Managers.
- Including funding analysis, profitability tracking, labor & non-labor financials, program funding charts, monthly expenditure charts, ETC/EAC calculations, and cost variance charts to analyze historical financials and track current task spending.
- Develop detailed cost estimates (labor and ODC) throughout the contract and prior to each contract award term.
- Documented proficiency with MS Office Suite, web-based applications and databases (specifically Excel).
- Basic analytical skills, and strong numerical skills are necessary and a proficient understanding of and experience with Microsoft Excel is required.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral); able to effectively interact with associates at all levels.
- Understand basic government contract structures, track and manage contract mods and funding lines to coincide with budgets
- BA/BS in Financial, Business, or Analytics related field with 2-4 years of experience or
- 6-8 years related documented experience if no degree.
- Basic understanding of timekeeping and financial management systems, DELTEK/Cost Point/COGNOS financial management systems is preferred.
- Familiarity with Project Management principles.
- Able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time