Project Manager - IBS and Controls
McKean Defense is an employee owned Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations.
McKean Defense is seeking a Project Manager to oversee engineering and technical staff/projects in support of NSWCPD. The candidate must be able to perform the following tasks, in addition to already assigned technical tasking:
- Increase support/tasking to NSWCPD on existing contract vehicles.
- Management of day-to-day operational aspects of a project.
- Identification of needed resources and assignment of individual responsibilities.
- Effective application of our company methodology and enforcement of project standards.
- Minimization of exposure and risk on projects.
- Ensuring project documents and deliverables are complete and current.
- Identifying areas for improvement with internal processes along with recommended solutions.
- May assist other leadership in efforts to capture new prime contracts.
Project Team Development
- Understanding of technical work and the ability to impart knowledge on others.
- Writes and conducts effective performance reviews and mentors those with less experience.
- Helps team execute career development plans.
- Review and approval of project team timesheets, TARs, TERs, and BERs in a conscientious and timely manner.
- Reviews the status reports of team members and addresses issues as appropriate.
- Complies with and helps to enforce standard policies and procedures.
- Develops lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative solutions.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Builds a knowledge base of each client's business, organization, and objectives.
- Proactive in expanding client network and business development.
- Develop an understanding of the work performed for the clients supported by the project team.
- Ability to effectively communicate client needs to McKean workforce, and effectively communicate best practices so that McKean can successfully support our clients.
- Develop a solid understanding of company capabilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must exhibit strong leadership skills.
- A technical background supporting Navy programs a plus.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a SECRET clearance.
- Candidates should have five (5) years work experience; a 4 year college degree is preferred.
- Candidates should have experience in project/personnel oversight and coordination, managing financial budgets, and resource/workload planning.
- Strong experience using the Microsoft Office suite is required.
- Candidate should have experience supporting Naval programs, particularly knowledge of NSWCPD.
- Understanding and knowledge of Navy HM&E systems, particularly ship control systems and/or navigation systems a plus.
- Understanding of Government Contracts a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time