RDT&E Customer Technical Support Specialist - Help Desk
McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
McKean is seeking a Customer Technical Support Specialist (Help Desk) to provide customer support and technical assistance to Corporate Research, Development, Test and Evaluation (RDT&E) Network users and other code 1042 designated customers.
The Customer Technical Support Specialist will:
Provide on-site desktop support as needed, provides general help desk support for User Assistance
- Provide phone support to user’s to resolve issues relating to RDT&E connectivity, and RDT&E Active Directory domain account User Management.
- Provide support with assigning IP addresses as requested and with maintaining those IP addresses in the IPA Database.
- Utilize the Remedy System to assign and track trouble calls as appropriate.
- Assist with the maintenance and monitoring of the User Assistance mailbox to ensure that all users receive timely support in response to their requests for assistance.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) encompassing all User Assistance activity.
- Must demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to multi-task and assist or teach others to solve problems.
- Must possess the ability to, effectively and efficiently, communicate verbally with the user community.
- Must be familiar with Department of Defense networking and security accreditation requirements.
- Must have knowledge in the installation, maintenance, and administration of computer systems in a LAN/WAN environment.
- Must meet DoD 8570 Information Assurance Technical Level II certification requirements at time of hire.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: A SECRET clearance access is required for all personnel supporting this PWS. All individual contractors must be able to maintain fully adjudicated SECRET clearances. Must be eligible to receive a TOP SECRET clearance upon hire.
- Two to five (2-5) years of experience required.
- Bachelors Degree Desired
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time