SEA 21 Liaison Support
McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
The candidate will support Surface Team One (ST1) and NAVSEA 21 Liaison at Commander, Naval Surface Forces, U.S. Pacific Fleet. Specifically, support a small, senior staff in the execution of the NAVSEA 21/Type Commander (TYCOM) mission.
- Interact with TYCOM and RMC staffs, ships force, and repair/modernization prime and AIT contractors
- Provide technical research for high interest maintenance and modernization issues
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert on readiness standards for propulsion, electrical, mechanical and auxiliary systems
- Attend maintenance and modernization meetings/teleconferences, as required
- Interface with TYCOM/NAVSEA/RMC staff, Ships Force personnel, contractors to determine latest status of high interest issues, progress of availabilities and ship material condition
- Communicate information and feedback to required NAVSEA 21 personnel
- Support NAVSEA 21 embedded representatives (ERs) with brief development, schedule development, and varying administrative requirements
- Support Readiness Common Operational Picture (R-COP) development and training to improve Current Ship’s Maintenance Project (CSMP) Health.
- Participate in CG/DDG Class Management Team (CMT) meetings
- Draft information packages to support TYCOM N00 ship visits, Fleet briefs, CNSF Maintenance & Modernization Summit, and other TYCOM interest items.
- Supports meetings between SEA 21 LNO, ERs, and PMS 443 representatives.
- Track STAR Board, FMBoD, Council of Captains, Current Readiness Cross Pillar Team (CRCPT), Surface Warfare Enterprise (SWE), Lifecycle Management Group (LCMG) meetings to properly prepare SEA 21 LNO for these key engagement opportunities.
- Provide administrative, travel, and technical support for SEA 21 LNO.
- Compile data for reporting and presentations that are required on an ad-hoc basis to support SEA 21 LNO interest areas to include: R-COP, Main Reduction Gear (MRG) Task Force, Procedural Compliance, INSURV results, and other areas of interest.
- Research NSWC-Corona RM&A Analysis Report to provide technical support to SEA 21 LNO
- Current Active DoD Clearance required to start
- 15+ years of experience in support of U.S. Navy engineering (multiple engineering platform experience a plus)
- Current, working experience with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience on a Navy Staff
- Engineering Officer of the Watch (EOOW)
- BA or BS degree
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time