Senior Engineering Technician
McKean Defense is an employee owned Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations.
The position is for a senior level mechanical engineer supporting propulsion and auxiliary steam systems and related equipment on US Navy ships. Support is provided in areas of systems in-service engineering, design, research, development, test and evaluation (RDT&E), program management, project planning and execution, and ILS review and revision support is provided to the US Naval Surface Warfare Center Philadelphia Division (NSWCPD), Auxiliary Systems Divison, Steam Systems Branch. Support will be provided to in-service engineering to resolve systems issues, engineering and technical information research to support design improvements and modernization, technical investigations and analysis, presentation and report generation and program and project management support.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- MS Office experience
- Willing to travel up to 25%
- National Board Boiler Inspector (NBBI) License
- American Petroleum Institute API-510 Pressure Vessel Inspection License
- NAVFAC License Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspector
- Navy Steam Generating Plant Inspector (SGPI)
- Performed research evaluation, testing, and analysis of all aspects of the Main Propulsion Steam Boilers, Auxiliary Steam Systems, Catapult Accumulators, and Waste Heat Boilers.
- Provided technical assistance for US Navy platforms.
- Provided technical support for in-service steam generator and steam systems inspections and repair program.
- Technical documentation review and writing for US Navy systems
- Candidate will need to have a DoD Secret clearance
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Part Time