Senior Mechanical Engineer, Submarine Systems
McKean Defense is an employee owned Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations.
McKean Defense is seeking senior mechanical engineering candidates to support hull, mechanical and electrical systems, for US Navy surface ships and submarines. Engineering support is to include design, research, development, test and evaluation (RDT&E) programs for the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Philadelphia Division. Candidate duties will include the following:
- Provide mechanical engineering support for surface ships and submarines for Hull, Mechanical and Electrical (HM&E) Systems such as hydraulic machinery, auxiliary systems, pumps, antenna systems, and other maritime mechanical systems.
- Apply technical principles to support mechanical engineering design, material specifications, and test and integration engineering for various surface ship and submarine systems and installation and modernization programs.
- Review specifications, and provide technical recommendations for technical manuals, and other technical documentation that relate to HM&E systems, and RDT&E programs.
- Assist other engineers, technicians and scientists in mechanical engineering assignments, and project management tasks for assigned projects.
- Provide direct support to the assigned program technical manager.
- Prepare statements of work, cost estimates, presentations and reports, and research technical information to support design and modernization of new systems.
- Support project planning and execution efforts for research development, investigations, analyses, and testing.
- Recommend improvements in design, operation, maintenance and safety for assigned systems and equipment.
- Provide supporting technical and logistics documentation relative to recommended design improvements and performance requirements.
- Resolve all equipment and systems issues with the appropriate Subject Matter Expert(s).
- Facilitate effective government and industry team relationships.
- Education, experience and training as a qualified Senior Mechanical Engineer, experience in Navy surface ship and submarine shipbuilding preferred
- Knowledge and experience of U.S. Navy SUBSAFE Program for quality control, quality assurance, quality specifications, and OQE
- Experience supporting and administering SUBSAFE Certification Audits
- Experience supporting observations of submarine equipment installation work and testing in conformance with requirements of SUBSAFE Supervising Authority Program
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Security Clearance Requirement: Candidate must have active Secret clearance, or be clearable.
- Experience in Navy surface ship and submarine systems engineering, design and development
- Material and parts specifications, selection, inspections, and testing procedures
- Experience reviewing technical manuals, and other technical information for conformance to specifications and project requirements
- Technical writing and communication skills
- Experience working with Navy shipbuilding requirements, standards and specifications, SUBSAFE, Supervising Authority experience preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time