Senior Navigation Systems Manager
McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
McKean Defense is seeking a Senior Navigation Systems Manager to support the Command and Control Directorate within the Program Executive Office for Integrated Warfare Systems (PEO IWS 6.0). PEO IWS 6.0 designs, procures and supports superior quality Navigation, Sensor Netting/Track Management, and Maritime Integrated Air and Missile Defense Planning System (MIPS), which provides a single integrated picture to enable the warfighter’s mission – and ensure superior joint battle space awareness capability to the warfighter.
- Must have an active Secret security clearance or higher.
- Excellent proficiency and Subject Matter Expertise of Inertial Navigation Systems (INS), gyrocompasses, speed sensors, fathometers and electronic charting systems.
- Excellent proficiency in working with and within System of Systems (SoS) interoperability environments.
- Knowledge of basic project management principles to include but not limited to planning, organizing, directing and controlling organizational resources in order to meet goals and objectives.
- Ability to interact with multiple navy activities and effectively communicate technical information with all levels of personnel both military and civilian.
- Conduct independent studies, investigations, research, and analysis in support of short and long term engineering projects.
- Prepare and develop reports and correspondence to be briefed at the Flag/SES level.
- Initiate and implement process improvement initiatives. This requires detailed knowledge of technical details, production processes, and ships systems.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to facilitate large teams from diverse occupations.
- Must be able to work independently, attentive to detail and able to multi-task in challenging work environments.
- Ability to provide subject matter expertise at conferences and status meetings
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Proficient in MS Office programs
- Self starter with meticulous attention to detail
- Bachelor degree in a related technical field.
- Minimum 10 years experience required 15 years experience desired with DoD System Engineering acquisition processes, in DoD/Navy program management, Industry or Government Technical Management, or Industry or Government business management.
- Minimum 3 years required 5 years desired supervisory experience.
- Minimum 3 years experience required 5 years experience desired in Navigation, and Systems Engineering, Hardware/Software Engineering, Program Protection, Cybersecurity, Test and Evaluation.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time