Senior Recruiter - Information Technology (Temporary)
McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
This is a temporary telecommuting position.
Full life-cycle recruiting of Information Technology professionals in the DOD contracting environment. The role is hands on sourcing, interviewing, coordinating candidate selection with line management, and driving the entire evaluation, offer and on-boarding process for assigned openings. The Senior Recruiter may also participate in development of systems and processes, and will drive required Affirmative Action compliance.
- Source and recruit IT professionals in the federal government (DOD/Navy)contracting marketplace, supporting multiple sites and programs throughout the United States
- Initial primary focus will be recruitment in the San Diego market
- Ensure compliance with Affirmative Action and integrity of EEO/AAP data
- Schedule interviews and assess candidates throughout the process
- Assist hiring managers in developing detailed job descriptions if necessary
- Maintain postings on corporate website as well as external job boards
- Become proficient in the company’s SilkRoad applicant tracking system
- Extend verbal and written offers of employment and coordinate start dates
- Track and report Talent Acquisition metrics
- May participate in hiring decisions and facilitate development of offers
- Other recruiting-related duties as assigned
- 2-5 years experience staffing Information Technology positions in the Department of Defense contractor environment
- Experience with full life cycle recruiting of engineering and/or other professional positions
- Experience using recruiting tools such as internal databases, job boards, the Internet, and referrals
- Excellent interpersonal communication and interface skills
- Customer service orientation
- MS Office and standard computer skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary